2020 Spring/ Summer Rec Soccer Update!
April 30, 2020 update from Wisconsin Youth Soccer Association (WYSA), East Central District and Heart of the Valley Soccer Assoc (HOVSA):
League games and other competitions at the District, State, Regional and National levels have all been CANCELLED for the remainder of the 2019/20 registration year (August 1-July 31). Initially, these events were postponed and there was extensive contingency planning aimed at offering limited or reduced options for play. However, ultimately, a pathway for Return to Play (RTP) was determined to be neither safe nor feasible. WYSA will await and be actively engaged in the formulation of a safe and feasible RTP protocol based on expert guidance from numerous, relevant organizations which include but are not limited to: Centers for Disease Control, State and Local Health Departments, US Soccer and US Youth Soccer. This will inform when and if teams, clubs, Districts and WYSA can return to play.
What does this mean to me?
• We plan to outline and communicate refund options over the next week or so. Watch your email for more information and please have patience as we work through this process.
• At the time of this writing, VanLieshout Park is not available for program use (per the Village). This will continue through May 31st – however could be longer depending on guidance from the Safer at Home Order and Badger Bounce Back announcements.
• Players/ field insurance included in your player registration will remain in effect until August 31, 2020 to: 1) enable virtual player trainings; and 2) to allow for even the slightest RTP opportunities that may emerge at the end of the registration year. This will be at no additional costs to players/ families.
• We’ve been tossing around some ideas on how to get the kids together throughout the summer. Nothing is concrete at this time, but as we have more information it will be communicated to families via our Facebook Page and email.
• Thank you to everyone that offered to volunteer this season and to all of the local companies that committed sponsorship money!
• Any additional questions can be directed to HOVSAinfo@gmail.com
In closing, we’ll definitely miss our players and not having formal play this spring/summer – but want you to know that your board will continue to meet throughout the summer to make sure the 2020-21 season is a great one! Stay Safe!